Sunday, July 1, 2012

Chain of Fools Blouse

”chain

I'm really happy with this blouse.
1) it has studs and chains, which makes it trendy. which makes me cool.
That's me, climbing the social ladder. And let me tell you, there's a long way to go.
2) It's black. I know this is like a no-no for sewers but I love black.
3) It's kind of flattering as it's not tight yet it has a feminine silhouette. (Yup that's taken right out of a Victoria's Secret catalog)


The making of the shirt was quite easy, the shirt is made out of a basic pattern I constructed from my custom bodice and I made a little pocket (which really was the most frustrating part of the blouse) and attached little studs to it. Attaching the chains was a little time consuming but not as much as you'd expect. I'll post a tutorial on how to exactly attach chains to your shoulder seam in a few days, so be sure to check it out!
I finished all the seams with bias tape, I used satin bias tape in the neckline as I wanted it to be visible, and cotton bias tape for the armholes as they they are hidden.

”chain

Details.
I like the kind of punk rock vibe of the shirt, if my skin weren't as translucent it might even be believable.


I've decided to put some effort into styling myfaceself to accommodate my creations. I wanted to go with the punk-rock style, and while contemplating on getting a mohawk I ended up in this 90s look, which I think I'm happy with.
Obviously I could have upped my game a bit:


But all my plaid knee high socks were in the wash.

”diy

MORE DETAILS. Next time I make a blouse like this I think I'll make the chains longer. I also accidently put my hand through the chains (they ended up hanging under my armpit) when I put the shirt on and it looked kind of cool. Only I couldn't get my arm through the smallest chain as it was throttling my bicep. I really should stop working out. I am one step away from looking like this:


I kill myself.


It kind of looks like I have a piece of chain in my hair. That is what happens when the bottom of my hair meets the top of my hair, after a slow motion emotional reunion, they argue, and then the top of my hair becomes afraid that I'll dye it again and frizzes up in revenge. To that I say, you win, hair, I am at your mercy.


I leave you with a picture of my left boob pocket.

Don't forget to check in for the tutorial!


1 comment:

  1. Cute! I like the studs, but I think the chains (while cute) would drive me bonkers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...