Saturday, January 19, 2013

And the golden globe goes to....

Hi everyone!
I hope you're having a good weekend so far..  Mine was (our weekend ends on Saturday) jam packed so I don't feel very rested but I'm not complaining as it was packed with fun stuff. I do feel a little guilty about not getting a lot of sewing done, I'm struggling through a jacket that I'm trying to make and It's not going very well. Hmm, I'm sure I'll figure it out soon. What do you guys do when you're in a sewing funk?



Anyway, I got nominated for the Liebster Award! (You'd think that should bring me out of said sewing funk). I'm so honored and excited! This is one of those "pass it on" awards, so I'll be nominating a few people as well. Here's the brief description of the award:


"The award was set up way back when and has undergone a few changes from what I can see from my research. Its purpose is to bring blogs that have less than 200 followers into the limelight and increase their readership. It has definitely morphed since it first started (as has the logo in fact!) and the most current rules are:
  • Post 11 random facts about yourself
  • Answer 11 questions that your nominator (is that a word or have I just made it up?) asked you
  • Nominate up to 5 other blogs for the award and ask them 11 questions of your own"
     
 After the issue as to the existence of the word nominator was settled, Sew I Sewed This graciously nominated me as one of the 5 blogs. Woop!


Ok, the first I'm supposed to list 11 facts about myself:
  1. I have two cats, Sugar and Spice and I LOVE them.
  2. I rarely sew with commercial patterns, I have a personal block that I base all my patterns on
  3. I was in the Israeli Army for two years (not as a combat soldier) as enlisting in the army is mandatory here.
  4. I have about 60 pairs of shoes. (They all cost less than lunch, but I still ashamed)
  5. Every time I get home, I change into my PJs within ten minutes even if I have less than an hour to spend at home. I HATE wearing uncomfortable outside clothes in the house!
  6. I'd pick a hamburger over a chocolate cake anytime.
  7. "Vincent" by Don Mclean brings me to tears every time I hear it.
  8. I don't like musicals. Can't explain it, I just don't get them.
  9. I always try new kinds food, even if I know that it has an ingredient I don't like. I love trying new things!
  10. I love the Bachelor, I'm a little ashamed of this fact but it's one of my guilty pleasures, I just can't help it.
  11. I feel guilty when I have free time and I don't spend it sewing.
Next, answer a few questions:
1. what's your day job when you're not sewing?
I work at an IT company. It's totally the bottom of the Hi Tech Food Chain, but it's a good job! 
2. what's your birthday (you don't have to include the year if you don't want to)?
April 16th.
3. what's your favorite fabric to sew with? 
Ha. Now this is a difficult question. The easiest fabric so sew with is cotton, so I do love sewing with it. Yet how can I not include silk chermeuse/chiffon even though I feel like throwing my sewing machine out the window sometimes when I deal with them? The result is just too pretty.
4. what's the best sewing tip that you could give me?
Take your time, think about everything you do before you do it (think twice, cut once) and treat everything as a learning experience. (I should be saying this to myself to!)
5. what's your favorite notion? 
My Clover Bias Tape Makers, I love finishing my garments with self made bias tape, it looks so professional!
6. what's your favorite project you've sewn (and include a link if you posted about it)?
 The Cinderella Dress I made for a friend.
7. what's a pet peeve of yours?
I always read a few pages of a book before going to sleep. (Is that even a pet peeve?)
8. what are your favorite tv shows or movies?
I recently saw the Hobbit and fell in love with it. I wouldn't say it's my favorite movie but I love it right now.
9. what's your favorite type of music (name specific bands if you'd like)?
I don't really have a certain type of music that's my favorite, I would say the Mumford and Sons are my favorite band at the moment.
10. why did you decide to start blogging?
I wanted to share my sewing experiences with other and maybe learn more through it!
11. why did you decide to start sewing?
I don't remember consciously deciding to start sewing, I've been sewing for a few years now. Sewing has definitely become a huge part of my life in the past year or so. I didn't answer the question. I know.

 And now, make up questions for the people I nominate:
1) What is your favorite part of your daily routine?
2) If you would have to recommend one thing about the place where you live, what would it be?
3) Whats your idea of an amazing meal?
4) If you could go to a dead musician's concert, who would it be?
5) If you could afford any sewing gadget, what would you get?
6) (I know I was asked this too, but this is a must!) Whats your favorite garment you made to date? (link, please!)
7) Whats the silliest injury you've ever had?
8) Which celebrity (dead or alive, cartoon or real life) would you want to make a garment for? (YES they will wear it on the red carpet)
9) If you were offered an all paid for trip, which country would you visit?
10) What's you favorite part of sewing?
11) Do you sew differently (different garments, different techniques) now that you're a blogger?

And the Liebster Award goes to:
1) Laika Doll
2) Cation Designs
3) Did You Make That
4) Miss Crayola Creepy
5) Notes From a Mad Housewife



Thank you So I Sewed This!
Don't forget to check out her blog and the blogs I mentioned above!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading your lists! I love that you rarely sew from commercial patterns! I need to take lessons from you ;) I also like to change into my "comfy clothes" whenever i'm at home. And shhhhh, don't tell anyone, but the bachelor is a guilty pleasure of mine too. i can't believe i keep watching it! i read a book during commercials does that make it any better? =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...