Monday, February 25, 2013

The Godet Jacket - Done!

Hello Hello!
I've been fighting tooth and nail to get my Godet Jacket done in time for the RTW contest. It was definitely a tiring and consuming project. I really tried to do everything right (even though I can still see flaws and parts I don't like about this project. Don't we all?) and actually think through the process before cutting into the fabric and winging it. I hope you can see evidence to that here, here and here.
It was an interesting experience; this was my first time making a real muslin (I think I've made only one before and even that was only a half-ass attempt), my first time underlining, my first time making godets (and lining a jacket with godets! I'll be sure to post an in depth post about that) AND my first time embellishing fabric with sewing machine stitching.
It wasn't my first time making bound buttonholes and I still struggled with them immensely. I'm not completely happy with how they turned out but they're much better than my first attempt.(which isn't my of a feat, I admit)

Because of the time constraints I decided to show you the final garment even though I have another jacket detail post lined up. If you're turned on by hand stitching, sleeve heads and intersion of linings, you will have to wait with baited breath for the next post. You'll have to make do with pictures of the outside of the jacket for now!

Well, here it is:

Hargah! Not exactly the right pose, but it's pretty close!
What do you think?
You can definitely tell my jacket is inspired by Karla's though there are quite a few differences (some are intentional and some aren't), but I guess a godet jacket will always be a godet jacket, right?

I promise, with all heart, that I will post more detailed pictures of the jacket AND more pictures of it's dirty mouthwatering insides.
I'd love to hear you thoughts! Do you think it came out similar?
(Also, what the H would you wear this with? It took me like an hour to figure out that only one pair of ill fitting (and when I say ill fitting I mean - barely went over my butt) jeans matched the jacket!)
Thanks!

11 comments:

  1. I like :)
    Maybe a pencil skirt would work with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! :-)

    Yes, definitely a pencil skirt, or any straight leg trousers would work too. Do you have any of either of those, especially in grey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Interesting.. I don't have any straight legs only skinny jeans... I'm more confused with what colors match the jacket. hmm...

      Delete
  3. Am on the pencil skirt bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's gorgeous! It's made me want to push myself a bit more and try a similar jacket. I love the silhouette. I'm soo impressed, and the machine stitching is divine. I think you're right with the trousers you're wearing, black looks good, or maybe cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was thinking about cream too, but I don't have cream color trousers! (I GUESS I SHOULD MAKE SOME??)
      Let me know if I can help you in any way with your jacket! feel free to email me or comment on the blog with any questions!!

      Delete
  5. Ha! thank you ! I'll definitely keep this in mind next time I wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm super impressed! It looks really great. I've never lined anything, but maybe I'll give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! let me know if you need any help!

      Delete
    2. you are so sweet- thank you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...